So this is my intro into lighting fires the man way using the Gerber Bear Grylls Fire Starter Ferrocerium Rod and Metal Striker.
It’s a really good piece of kit, well made and even has a wee compartment for your cotton wool. It comes with a lanyard to keep it all together and on the end is a whistle. I managed to start a fire with this and some Vaseline soaked cotton wool first time.
This piece of kit is essential and gets the Sumo Sy seal of approval, well done Bear and Gerber!
- Waterproof storage compartment for tinder
- Lanyard to keep product secure & together
- Emergency whistle – integrated into lanyard cord
- Includes land to air rescue instructions & SOS
- Priorities of Survival – pocket guide contains Bear’s survival essentials