I love to have lots of pockets to keep my bag organised.
Sometimes its worth paying more to get more.
Maxpedition make some great kit it has to be said. I’ve used a Fatboy G.T.G. S-Type Versipack for quite some time when travelling and found it to be good but could do with a couple of improvements. These improvements and more are found in the Maxpedition Wolfspur Crossbody Shoulder Bag.
Since being in possession of this bag I’ve used it in the situations below with great effectiveness.
- Travelling around Portugal holding iPad, cameras, passports, shades etc.
- Housed my D7200 and 500mm lens on photography outings
- It fits a full picnic for me and my son
- Filled it with filming gear such as mics and 360 cameras for a filming trip
- General work use
It’s a lot bigger than the Fatboy coming in at 11 litres. It’s of significantly better quality. One of the problems I had with the Fatboy was the strap rubbing my neck. Fortunately, the strap material of this one is not irritating on skin plus the padding stays put. The thing I love the most is the many compartments. Having spent many a time routing for kit in the dark in a previous life I like to have my gear organised. With so many sections and pockets it means I can have my kit distributed to allow for easy access with no visibility. There’s also elastic keepers located inside too making it great for holding firelighters, Leathermans etc. It has a hardened pouch on the front which can be used to store, shades, phones or anything a bit fragile. On the side there is an adjustable water bottle holder which can zip up so it doesn’t hang loose.
Build quality is good, the bag is made from abrasion resistant, lightweight 1000D Ballistic Nylon, that means it’s super tough. It’s water resistant so works fine out in the rain though I’d be a bit smart about cameras etc. if you’re likely to be a downpour to be on the safe side. High tensile strength Nylon webbing and Nylon thread make this a bag that stays together well, no worrying about straps ripping off due to excess weight. If you are carrying extra weight it has a discreet waist belt which helps it sit nicely on the hip reducing shoulder drag considerably. The zips are high quality and each one has a nicely plastic molded pull tab. It also has a durable grab handle reinforced with bartacks, this is great for hanging on trees!
It’s very comfortable to wear even when fully loaded. The back is made of Fray-resistant Gossamer mesh which helps dissipate heat. Let’s face it no one wants a sweaty hip! It sits well when moving which can be a problem with cross body bags.
Overall, I think this is a premium bag with premium features. Whilst some may think this a little pricey I have the firm belief this bag will last 10 years plus. It’s a pleasure to use and an excellent investment if you’re looking flexible durability.
This can be purchased online from Military1st who are one of our recommended suppliers for outdoor products.
- Capacity: 11 litres (670 cu. in.)
- Concealed carry cross body shoulder bag
- Part of Advanced Gear Research (AGR) Maxpedition line
- Front loop field for ID’s or patches
- Laser cut ATLAS attachment lattice system on front and right pocket
- Zippered main compartment with tablet compatible sleeve, zip mesh pocket, three sleeve mesh pockets and internal elastic keepers
- Front top custom moulded fleece-lined semi-rigid EVA pocket with inner sleeve mesh pocket
- Front bottom zipped organiser compartment with inner zip mesh pocket, multiple sleeve pockets and rotatable key holder
- Accessible from top loop lined CCW compatible compartment with two-way lockable 15″ zipper and double press studs safety tab closure
- Expandable side bottle pocket with zipper, quick release elastic retention cord and bottom drainage
- Zippered side utility pocket
- Adjustable shoulder strap with reinforced seatbelt webbing, removable curved padded shoulder wrap and quick release buckle
- Concealable and fully adjustable quick release waist belt
- Compact two-way zipped accessory pocket on shoulder strap arm
- Durable grab handle reinforced with bartacks
- Bi-level high-grade 3D air-mesh backings
- Genuine YKK zippers with positive grip pulls
- Lightweight anti-break Duraflex Xlite buckles
- Highly visible greyscale interior
- Dual Nylon fabric construction
- Made of abrasion resistant, lightweight 1000D Ballistic Nylon
- 500D Hex Ripstop water and abrasion resistant lightweight ballistic Nylon fabric
- 840D Nylon-TPU composite tapered pull loops
- Custom fabricated Shapeshift skin friendly webbing
- Fray-resistant Gossamer mesh
- Anti-counterfeit logo embossed 420D Nylon liner
- Water resistance thanks to triple polyurethane coating
- Teflon fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- High tensile strength Nylon webbing and Nylon thread
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Stress points double stitched, bartacked, circular bartacked or “Box-and-X” stitched
- Rubberized Maxpedition logo on front
- Material: 500D Hex Ripstop Nylon, 1000D Plain Weave Nylon, 840D Nylon TPU Composite
- Shoulder strap circumference (max.): 70″ (177.8cm)
- Waist strap circumference: min: 25″ (63.5cm), max: 68″ (172.7cm)
- External size: 11″x7″x13″ (27.9×17.8x33cm)
- Weight: 1070g