As far as the hunting world is concerned, one of the best advancements in technology is a digital predator call, in specific the cougar call.
These technologically advanced predator calls are both easy to set up but are also consistent and overall the ideal calls.
Having the right predator call helps you to ensure that you are safe when you are hunting your target.
Usually an electronic predator call system will come with a remote control unit that will allow you to stay at a safe distance away from the predator, while you are lying in wait for the game to come in just the right spot for you to take your shot.
When you use a remote caller, you are becoming the predator. As long as the call you have is the best for hunting game, then you will be able to distract your target and stay hidden.
You will find that there is a massive range of models and brands of the best predator calls. As a result, we are going to show you some of the best electronic calls.
Here are some of our favorite game calls that you can take advantage of. These options really dominate the market. In this list, you are bound to be able to find the best product for you from our reviews that you will find below.
In a hurry? This is our winner!
FOXPRO Shockwave Call, Tan
- Fox motion mimic moving prey by fading sound from left speaker to right one, Fox Fusion Mix match any two sounds of your choice
- Fox pitch manipulate the "pitch" of any sound in an effort to trigger a response, cast virtually hands-free calling with Fox cast sequence files
- Fox Bang automatically maps your caller to a predetermined setting after discharging your firearm
Best Electronic Predator Call – Comparison Table
Best Electronic Predator Call – Reviews
This speaker system comes with two horn speakers and an additional two tweeters for the best volume capability. In addition to this, it also has two external speaker jacks, in the event that you need even more volume.
The speaker has the ability to store thousands of sounds. You are also able to control it yourself using the remote control facility. It is even possible to change the sound’s pitch with the help of Foxpitch.
With this device you are able to record every single stand’s real time information. With this feature you will be able to access your hunting data for future reference.
- You can mix together any two sounds and match them with another sound using the Foxfusion system.
- The Foxpitch system allows you to be able to manipulate the pitch of any sounds in order to generate a response
- A hands free calling system is built into it with the help of Foxcast
- Integrated Moon phase indicators
- Can use MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, 24B and FXP file formats
- The remote is not very durable
The Icotec GC300 electronic predator call will allow you to replay a sequence of sound after a 30 second break right after the first play of the same file. It has a remote control with a range of 300 yards.
Thankfully when you use this electronic game call you don’t need to take your eyes off the predator even for a split second. It utilizes a button control system that makes it easy to use regardless of your skill level.
It can also be used for pretty much any kind of animal hunting so it is very versatile.
- The operation system is very user friendly overall
- You can get it to work by simply pressing a button
- It has 300 yards of remote control range
- An external speaker jack comes with it to give users the ability to amplify the volume with an appropriate speaker when needed
- The device is easy to move around from one place to the next
- The sound quality can be a little inconsistent when it’s used at a higher volume
- There are some instances of sound distortion
You are able to store over two hundred different sounds on this device at one time. The product comes with 75 sounds already installed, and you are able to personalize and categorize these to your liking.
With the product you will get an inferno remote control. This remote control has a large screen so you can easily see the information you need.
The device also comes with an external speaker jack so it is possible to add on another speaker to increase the volume even more if you need to.
Another great thing about this speaker is that the interface is very easy to use, so even if you are an amateur as far as hunting is concerned you should still be able to use the device fairly easily.
- It comes with an upgraded remote control that uses Foxbang technology
- The entire device only weighs 1.5lbs in total so it is very easy to transport and extremely portable
- The external speaker jack allows you to connected another speaker for a louder performance
- Comes with a built in USB port that allows you to be able to customize and reprogram it in any way that you choose
- The screen is easy to read and is built into the remote control
- It is made of plastic which isn’t the best material
- It can be hard to control in low light conditions because the buttons on the remote control don’t light up
The Primos 3756 Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call is made out of plastic that is very rugged, making this both a durable and a portable product.
It comes with a massive internal memory that will allow you to be able to store as many sounds as you could possibly want. It also comes with 75 pre installed sounds too that you are able to delete if you wish to.
This means that you will have the option to create even more space to put your own sounds onto the device.
It also has an auxiliary port so that it is possible to operate motion decoys with it. The Primos 3756 Alpha Dogg is by far one of the best ‘No Distortion’ sound systems that are currently available on the market.
- Comes with 2 cone speakers that you are able to reotate for realistic and dynamic sounds
- The remote control is very easy to use and the layout is simple
- Comes with a USB cable port integrated
- It has a rugged speaker case that helps to maintain the product’s durability
- Integrates a 2.5 inches LED screen on the remote
- The remote screen is below average so it’s really not the best. The light on the screen can fade after only a couple of uses
- The batteries that come preloaded with it are much weaker than average batteries
The ICOtec GC500 comes armed with 24 high quality pre loaded calls that sound very authentic, and it also has a remote that has a range of 300 yards.
As a result of this, it has a much larger reach than many other electronic predator calls.
This predator call is also more than loud enough for any hunter. It has a 15 watt speaker that also provides you with the option to be able to increase the amount of volume.
It is also possible to insert a standard sized SD card into it so you can load up 200 more additional calls.
- The device’s system is very easy to use
- You can use it regardless of skill level, whether you are a beginner or an ace hunter
- Comes with a 300 yards remote control range that allows you to be able to stay hidden from a large distance away from the game you are hunting.
- Comes with 24 pre installed calls, but it is also possible to add 200 more by using external memory
- You don’t need to any line of sight with the remote range, so you can stay hidden from your target
- Using an SD card to add extra calls can add extra complication to the system
- The device isn’t always the best for providing high pitched sounds
Foxpro are pretty well known in the hunting sphere and have generated a lot of happy customers by making high quality game calls. Here’s our take on the Foxpro HammerJack call.
The main selling point of this product is that it is able to provide immense volume. It has a dual amplified speaker system that ensures that the sound quality is still fantastic even though the sound is louder.
This game call comes with 100 sounds already built into the device, but this is not the limit of storage. The storage capacity of this device is 300 which is pretty impressive for when you want to add a few of your own sounds.
That’s not the only thing either. This product comes with 11 extra sounds for free with this device. Using the Fox Bang System, the device will automatically map the caller to a predetermined setting when you have finished using your rifle.
It is also possible to connect it with two external speaker by using two external speaker jacks. It even has a USB port that you can use to connect the device up to your laptop or desktop computer.
- The product is well designed and very easy to transport
- Includes an easy to use remote control
- It has a capacity of more than 300
- Comes with a rear cone speaker that helps to handle any low frequency sounds
- The front horn speaker is designed to handle the vocalization of the game and any additional distress sounds
- The major downside of this product is that it is a lot heavier than other portable game calls on our list.
The ICOtec GC350 has a very simple design, but don’t be fooled – this is an innovative predator call. With this call, you will get a lot of volume and a lot of features. It’s also very easy to control and manage.
Whether you are a beginner or an expert hunter, it is irrelevant – you can use this game call no matter what your skill level is. With this product, you will be able to play pretty much any types of file format in 16 bit rate.
It is also possible to add in extra audio files just by using it with a standard SD card. The remote is also pretty awesome, with a range of 300 yards!
With this device, then, you are able to stay hidden away without any extra issue while still being able to lure in your target. When you look closer at the device you will also see that what it is made of is very durable materials.
This means that you will be able to use this product for many hunting trips to come, making it an incredible investment for your hunting trips.
The device is able to endure a range of situations and weather conditions, and you can expect fantastic results.
- It is easy to operate and can be used for all different kinds of user
- Comes with an auxiliary jack that you can use for louder sounds
- .mp3 and .wav formats are compatible with the device
- The remote has a range of 300 yards which helps to keep you safe and well hidden away from the predator
- You do not need to put the remote in line of sight in order to control the speaker
- The speaker is not the most efficient option for windy weather conditions
- The pre loaded calls do not sound very realistic
The next call we are going to cover on our list is the Icotec GC320. This game call actually allows you to combine motion decoy along with audible sound effects, which means that you will make the most of the result you are looking for.
The Icotec GC320 is a lightweight option, making it also very portable too.
It is also quite compat. It has 24 very effective sounds pre installed into it. You will also get an auxiliary jack along with your purchase so you can connect it to another speaker to make it even louder if you so wish.
This call will also let you play two sounds at the same time which can make it more effective. In addition to the call itself, you will also get an Icotec PD400 decoy. It also comes with LED night lights too.
The device runs quite quietly as it has a quiet motor, it actually makes barely any noise at all. It also has auto run capability. In order to control the call and the decoys you will also get a remote that has an impressive range.
Another interesting feature is the device’s Intermittent motion mode, and you aren’t likely to find this kind of feature in other products of the same kind of price range.
Because of this, the product really is the whole package for attracting the game and gives you a much greater hunting experience overall.
- The call is very lightweight and compact, so you can carry it from one place to another without a problem.
- Comes with 24 pre installed quality sounds
- Comes with an auxiliary jack built in for even more volume
- Allows you to play two calls at once
- Remote has a range of 300 yards
- The remote does not have a shut down button
- The battery that is used in the device is quite hard to come by, and you may have a hard time finding the batteries on the market if the one it comes with ends up dying
This next offering, also from ICOtec is an incredibly powerful predator call that should last for quite a long time. It has so many fantastic features that you will most certainly want to invest in.
A lot of hunters enjoy this product because it provides a lot of interesting features inside such a simple structure and system. The best part is that it is even possible to use two calls at once with it.
There really aren’t that many products on the market that offer this kind of capability, so it’s very unique in that sense.
In order to give you the best possible result from your hunting trip, the company has also integrated a bunch of very high quality calls.
It comes with 12 calls already installed into the device. These calls are very clear and loud. You can hear it even in quite windy weather.
In order to control the predator call, you will also have a remote that is very easy to use. In fact, the buttons and other functions are so easy to use that even total beginners can use it with no problem.
- The call has a fantastic battery life so you are able to use it for a long duration of time
- Built in loud 5 watt speaker
- You can use it to play 2 calls at the same time
- Easy system to control
- Comes with 12 high quality calls
- The remote does not have the best range, it can only cover 100 yards
- There are not enough pre installed calls
The Primos 3755 Turbo Dogg has a bunch of advanced features that you are going to love. This is a programmable electronic caller so you aren’t going to be limited by the calls included.
The device comes with 36 already loaded sounds that are categorized by species. You can also download and install extra sounds.
It comes with an easy to use remote that has a 1.75” LCD screen that’s even in full color. It also has an incredible speaker with a 25 watt amp.
The device is able to produce a very wide frequency range which means that the sounds are very authentic sounding, and you can even add an extra speaker using the audio out port.
- It’s expandable
- A very strong speaker
- Comes with a remote control with a full color LCD screen
- The remote range is reduced by quite a sizable margin when you place the caller on the ground
Best Electronic Predator Call – Buyers Guide
There are a lot of different predator calls on the market, but it is worth mentioning that not all of them are going to be suitable for you to be able to carry around on a hunting trip, especially if you will be doing quite a long hike to get to your hunting location.
A lot of products also don’t have all of the essential features that the perfect predator call should ideally have.
Much like other hunters, you are going to want hunting gear that is able to fulfill your demands.
If you are just starting out then it is important to know what kinds of features a hunter is going to be looking for in a predator call.
However, if you are an expert or intermediate hunter then you probably already know all of the main features that a call should ideally have. Here are a couple of facts and points that you should remember when you are buying a decent predator call.
The Call Speaker and Sound Quality
The quality of the sound you will get from the predator call is going to determine how good the game call actually is. If the speaker is inefficient at making a loud and clear sound, then the chances are that it could be a waste of money to get that particular call.
The ideal call will never make noises distorted. If you do have a good game call then you are going to be able to make predators appear quite quickly and you will be able to lure them towards the trap.
How Often Do You Need to Call?
Ideally you should be waiting around 20 to 30 minutes between calls. If you aren’t getting a response within around 15 minutes though then a predator may not be in range. Generally you will find that predators will respond as quickly as possible because they will want to get to the kill quickly.
How Far is a Cougar or Coyote Able to Hear?
This can largely depend on the time of the day. If you are able to hear it then chances are that you are not aware of how far away the cougar is. It may be possible to hear a reply to your call as far as three to five miles away.
Cougar Sound Library
A decent game call should have a range of different sounds available. If the sound library is well organized it will also make it much easier for you to be able to control the device, and you will not need to put an extraordinary amount of effort into using the call.
Your sound library should be able to have a range of high quality sounds. The sound clips need to be as realistic as possible.
The best case scenario is to have a game call that allows you to easily access the sound library using a remote and then all you need to do is press a button to play the clip needed.
In this case storage refers to the capacity of storing sound clips. These days a lot of electronic calls have sounds that are already installed before you make your purchase, but in most cases the device will have more storage space so that you can load more sounds even when you already have some pre loaded ones.
The best game call should have enough storage for roughly 200 calls.
A lot of electronic predator calls on the market at the moment will also provide you with a decent remote too. The best remote control range should span more than a hundred yards. A lot of manufacturers are now rectifying this issue in their own products.
If your remote has decent range then it means you will be able to stay hidden from your target.
It also means that you will be able to keep a good distance from your target. This will keep you safe. A decent remote should also have a layout that is easy to control. Ideally, you should be getting a predator call that has an LCD or an LED screen.
It will also be best for you if your remote button layout is lit, which is best for dark forests and low light scenarios.
Ideally your electronic call should be lightweight. Calls that way fairly little are much easier to transport from one location to another, The more portability your game call has the more you will be able to completely enjoy your hunting expedition.
Digital Predator Call Design
As the experts will likely tell you, the best kinds of predator calls should be lightweight and shouldn’t be too large in terms of size. A lot of the time, the style of the call is not important in the slightest. The main thing to keep in mind is the design and the structure.
Your predator call should come with a speaker case for the sake of keeping it well protected. You will also get more stability if you have tripod mounting with elevated legs too.
Bad Weather Performance
One of the main downsides of analog calls was that they would fail in inclement weather conditions. Thankfully an electronic call with the most recent technologies will not cause you any issues in this regard. You just need to ensure that your call has a decent speaker.
Your call should be able to create calls that you are able to hear even in the windiest conditions. There is no way of being completely sure of the weather.
So whether your product is a predator call or some other kind of hunting equipment, it needs to be able to be durable enough to withstand all weather.
It needs to be able to perform to its optimal level in every single situation.
Any kind of digital predator call is going to be extremely helpful for hunting. You need to ensure that it is durable enough for your use and that it is going to perform to its optimal ability in each situation. A decent electronic predator call is going to allow you to hunt a number of predators strategically and with the best success.